Prior to Travel
· Complete Travel Authorization Form and turn in to your Administrative Assistant at least 30 days prior to day of travel: (Signatures on this form are not required. Approvals are done electronically once the information is entered into the Banner Travel & Expense Management System)
- All travel on behalf of Virginia Tech Business must have a Travel Authorization Form entered in the TEM system even if all expenses are being paid by the Host.
· If traveling internationally, please purchase travel insurance (CISI) prior to your trip.
· Remember if you are planning to drive check with Fleet Services for availability.
· If renting a vehicle there are several charges that are NOT allowable:
- Liability Insurance (liability insurance may, only, be purchased if renting a car internationally)
- Roadside Assistance
- Refueling charges
· When booking your accommodations you should check the per diem rates.
· Purchases that your Administrative Assistant may complete are:
- CISI insurance
- Conference Fees
· If you have any questions regarding travel, you can contact the Center's Administrative Staff, Katrina Loan or visit Travel on the Virginia Tech Controller website.
Upon your return you should complete your Travel Reimbursement Request form within the Universities Policy timeline.