Prior to Travel
· Complete Travel Authorization Form and turn in to your Administrative Assistant at least 30 days prior to day of travel: (Signatures on this form are not required. Approvals are done electronically once the information is entered into the Banner Travel & Expense Management System)
- All travel on behalf of Virginia Tech Business must have a Travel Authorization Form entered in the TEM system even if all expenses are being paid by the Host.
· If traveling internationally, please purchase travel insurance (CISI) prior to your trip.
· Remember if you are planning to drive check with Fleet Services for availability.
· If renting a vehicle there are several charges that are NOT allowable:
- Liability Insurance (liability insurance may, only, be purchased if renting a car internationally)
- Roadside Assistance
- Refueling charges
· When booking your accommodations you should check the per diem rates.
· Purchases that your Administrative Assistant may complete are:
- CISI insurance
- Conference Fees